Author Topic: Canadian Towns  (Read 7080 times)

Spike Colby

• View Profile
Canadian Towns
« on: June 22, 2015, 04:56:49 PM »
I think there's a "standard route" for people travelling the 3000km across North America near the 49th parallel. Actually, I think there are two routes.
1) take the Trans-Canada Highway
2) Drop down to the US at some point (some people say the whole way just below the border, some say just to get under the Great Lakes) and hug the border.

I think it would be cool to see some Canadian cities and towns that AREN'T on this well travelled road. Stay off the Highway 1, or at least veer off often and see places that aren't kept alive by a gas station and 4 fast-food joints.

Unfortunately, I think the most exciting cities are probably far north. Talk about Stigmatized, ignored, etc...

pedahqfn_makdeck

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Canadian Towns
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:53:34 PM »
Hello,

I totally get that. The road that is the easiest is one one most traveled. Do you have any suggestions in the north of places that may be interesting to see? Any communities in particular, maybe that are quite isolated? My Uncle use to live in Hay River and I remember how I felt as if I had entered an entirely different world when we would make the long haul up to visit him.